Job Title: Purchasing Agent
Reports to: Director of Marketing and Media
Location: Ogden, UT
Salary range: DOE
Pay Status: Hourly
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
JAM Marketing, along with its sister companies, are considered among the fastest growing businesses in Utah - employing several thousand people in the area and across the country. JAM Marketing is seeking a competitive professional to drive its brand forward. The company provides services to the major national brand Get Air Indoor Trampoline Parks. Get Air is vertically integrated, which provides tremendous opportunity for advancement. Apply to be part of a growing company and expanding industry.
The Purchasing Agent is responsible for purchasing, maintaining inventory, and accurately managing the purchasing process within our company. They will also maintain great relationships with current clients, potential business partners, and vendors. The ideal candidate will be able to multitask effectively while under pressure and still have a high degree of attention to detail and discretion to handle a wide variety of tasks. The agent will also need to have strong verbal and written skills to communicate effectively at all times. The assistant will be communicating with staff at all levels and customers, as such, they will need to be able to interact professionally while still remaining resourceful and efficient.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate all duties for purchasing agents to ensure orders are being placed
- Maintain strong relationships with current and potential future vendors
- Seek and retain new vendors with better prices for all merchandise items
- Manage and maintain inventory on all merchandise to mitigate loss and breakage
- Represent the company's brand and support in achieving company goals
- Ensure accuracy in all spending and billing, including invoices and certificates for international and domestic accounts
- Plan, coordinate, and schedule all shipping of purchased products
- Come up with new and innovative ideas for products and merchandise to be sold in the JAM store
- Identify and resolve any issues that may arise with the warehouse, vendors, and customers
- Deliver strong customer services to clients; including: park managers, owners, investors, and outside relations
- Research, pitch, and execute ideas for new promotional material
- Research topics related to creative development and revenue enhancement to stay competitive within the market
- Communicate with Accounts Payable/Accounts Receivable to ensure orders are being processed and billed accurately
- Assist Purchasing Manager with new and existing ad accounts
- Ensure accuracy of all content and every purchase made, all while staying within department budget
- Other duties as assigned
Experience and Qualifications Requirements:
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty with the goal to attain excellence without direct supervision. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Previous inventory management and purchasing experience preferred
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Refined customer service and phone skills
- Experience with negotiating prices preferred, but not required
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to think logically, critically, and work well under pressure
- Ability to work and problem solve resourcefully and independently
- Sound judgement and flexibility to prioritize and handle multiple assignments at any given time
- Flexibility to handle both routine and impromptu assignments with minimal supervision
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Teamwork oriented
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma/GED required, additional education preferred
- Strong computer skills, including: Microsoft/G Suite Console, spreadsheeting, data management, etc
- Use of internet
Essential Job Functions:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Ability to sit for extended periods of time. May require occasionally lifting a box up to 50 pounds.
Work is performed in a warehouse setting at a desk.